The Vaccine Solution? Homeopathy.
Nature is brilliant and our dogs have innate abilities to heal as long as we do our best to not interfere. Optimizing health through natural detox and homeopathy, quality nutrition and sufficient exercise is an excellent start.
Homeopathic treatment is a highly effective treatment in treating vaccinosis because it is a natural approach to the treatment of the sick and considers the patient as a whole being including mental, physical and emotional states and and does not have side effects.
Homeopathic medicine are called remedies. Remedies are made from natural sources such as plants and minerals and are both environmentally friendly and cruelty free and can be purchased over the counter online and health food stores. Amazon and Whole Foods have a robust selection.
What is Homeopathy?
Homeopathy is a natural system of healing that has been around since the late 18th century and was founded by a German doctor named Samuel Hahnemann. It is based on the concept that "like cures like," meaning that disease can be healed by a substance that produces similar symptoms in healthy people. If something worked a few hundred years ago, it works now too.
How does Homeopathy Work?
Homeopathy works to balance the body's energy, which is called the vital force. Any disruption to this force, creates and imbalance, also called miasms. You can read more miasms here.
Homeopathic remedies come in various strengths (also known as potencies) including 6c, 12c, and 30c, 200c, 1M and 10M. Typically, lower potencies are used for chronic and on-going issues while the stronger potencies are used for more acute symptoms.
More on Homeopathy Below:
- A Closer Look at Veterinary Homeopathy: Homeopathy was created in the late 1700s by German physician Samuel Hahnemann and is "based on what he described as the law of similars: the idea that a substance is capable of causing particular symptoms in a healthy individual will cure similar symptoms in a person with disease." Almost any disease that can be treated by regular medicine can be treated by homeopathy, which come from a range of sources, such as plants, minerals, animals, microorganisms.
- Call to Action: Detox Your Pet ASAP: Learn about which remedies to use to detox your animal.
- Holistic Vets Explain: Natural Treatment of Cancer in Dogs: Cancer causes nearly half of the death of dogs ages 10 and up. This article discusses the uses of homeopathy, mushrooms, clean diet, nutritional supplementation and detoxification to treat cancer in dogs.
- Homeopathy: An excellent overview of homeopathy published by the NIH.
- Homeopathy for Animals: Super informative article that provides a basic overview of homeopathic remedies most commonly used in holistic veterinary medicine. If you have a BULLDOG, phosophorus is your friend
- Homeopathy Basics for Dogs: What you need to know: Very comprehensive article from Dogs Naturally that talks about the basics of homeopathy and how to begin to care for your animal naturally. Reminder that Homeopathy is based on the principle that 'like cures like', or that a substance that is capable, in toxic doses, of producing a set of symptoms is also capable, in much lower doses, of curing the same set of symptoms regardless of their perceived cause. This kind of approach has shown to be very effective in bulldogs in our experience.
- Homeopathy for Eye Disorders: Homeopathy has proven to be effective for treating eye disorders in animals including conjunctivitis, corneal ulcers, eye injuries, entropion, ectropion and cataracts. Check out this article to learn which homeopathic remedies could help your animals' eye issues.
- Homeopathic Medicines can Alter Gene Expressions: Studies have shown that homeopathic medicine impact the level of gene expression, providing homeopaths with another tool to selecting remedies and potencies for their patients.
- Homeopathic Remedies for Dogs and Cats: Informative article on the history of homeopathy and common remedies to use with your dogs and cats when they are sick or injured.
- How to Detox your Dog: Unfortunately, we live in a very toxic world including the food we eat and the water we drink. Heavy metals, petrochemicals, solvents, compounds (VOC’s found in paints), pesticides, herbicides, phthalates, food additives and medicinal drugs are prevalent and knowing how and why to detox your dog is really important. This article from Dogs Naturally breaks down the process of detoxification and identifies the steps to take to detox your dog.
- How to Give Thuja 1M: Learn about why Thuja 1M must be given if you have a purebred animal.
- Is There Good Scientific Evidence for Homeopathy?: Homeopathy has been around since the 1800's and has been used to treat illness and ailments when conventional medicine, as we know it, was unavailable. Its' efficacy is difficult to quantify because effective homeopathic treatment is based upon the unique needs of the individual. This article explores the limitations of clinical research on homeopathy and presents convincing evidence that shows how effective homeopathy is when prescribed based upon the individuals' holistic and unique needs.
- Nosodes vs. Vaccines: Nosodes are similar to homeopathic remedies and are made from the blood of a sick animal or human secretions that are produced in a diseased animal. Nosodes are diluted from the materials mentioned above until only the energy portion remains and the thought is that oral administration of nosodes can produce immunity, just like a vaccine but without the side effects.
- On Vaccinosis and its Cure Thuja Occidentalis, with Remarks on Homeoprophylaxis: This book is not written by an author who believes in the use of vaccines combined with the use of homeopathic remedy, thuja to create an optimal state of health.
- Peer-reviewed Homeopathy Study Sparks Uproar in Italy: The use of homeopathic remedy, Toxicodendron pubescens was deemed as "effective as the prescription druge gabapentin in reducing inflammation and pain responses in both cells grown in the lab" and rats.
- Remedies to Cure all Kinds of Issues:. Check out our blog post on constitutional and detox homeopathic remedies to help your dog heal from the inside-out.
- The Healing Powers of Arnica Montana (Leopard's Bane): Another great article from Dogs Naturally that summarizes the uses of Arnica Montana, a homeopathic remedy used to treat trauma to the body.
- Top 5 Remedies for Dog Joint Pain and Injury: From physical injury, bruising, pain, arthritis, muscle and joint inflammation, and fracture, homeopathy can and should be used to promote healing. This Dogs Naturally article provides a concise overview of which remedies to use if/when your dog experiences any of the above symptoms.
- USA Veterinary Directory / Integrative Holistic Veterinary Care: Use this resource to find an integrative vet near you.
- Using Homeopathy to Mitigate the Effects of Vaccination: Fascinating presentation from the International & American Association of Clinical Nutritionists that debunks "some of the myths and realities that surround the use of homeopathic remedies for helping with the negative effects of vaccinations."
- What is Homeopathy? An Introduction: "Despite the long history of scientific controversy, homeopathy has proved resilient and is now geographically widespread. There is a significant body of scientific evidence with positive results. Homeopathy is an anomaly around which deserves further investigation."
Take a look at the videos below to learn a bit more about homeopathy and how to administer to your animal.
Please use the information on Bobzilla's website to figure out how to help your dog thrive.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.